Hi everyone, so sorry I've been a little MIA lately. Been really busy getting the auction together at Gabe's school and then in the middle of it all my little guy Kaleb got really sick.
Long story short... Kaleb had fever and sore throat (not strep) Tuesday and Wednesday plus he slept like 18 hours each day (not my normal child at all), then he got dehydrated - ended up in the ER to get fluids and blood tests on Wednesday evening. Sent home as the 1st tests came back that he only had a virus, then got a call from the ER to get back there asap, Thursday, as there was actually some sort of bacteria growing in one of the cultures, then...admitted to the hospital and on IV fluids and antibiotics. They were not sure if it was a Strep or if it was a contaminate. So the doctors decided to err on the side of caution and keep us in the hospital on fluids and antibiotics. As he wasn't drinking enough. To end the exciting weekend it looks like the sample was contaminated somehow in the Lab and we were able to go home mid-day on Saturday.
We have a follow up apt with the doctor in the morning too just make sure all is okay.